top of page

Construction Insurance

Updated: Feb 28, 2022

Work-related accidents are common, and they can be costly without the right coverage. Construction insurance can protect your business against financial liabilities that could result from unexpected accidents and other situations. Adequate coverage could mean the difference between staying in business or not.

Who needs it?

If you’re in a construction business you should always have commercial insurance. Many businesses are required by their clients to carry specific coverages before they can work for them. Businesses involved in construction work often specialize in trades like:

  • Excavation

  • Home Improvement

  • Land Clearing

  • Remodeling

  • Home Building

  • Asphalt Laying

  • Welding

  • Sprinkler Installation

  • Parking Lot Striping

  • Fence & Deck Building

  • Concrete Laying

  • Stone & Granite Work

  • Roofing

  • Windows & Siding

How much does it cost?

The different trades that do construction work are exposed to different types and degrees of risk. This variety of exposure is one of the many factors used to calculate a business’s construction insurance cost.

For example, an excavator might risk damaging underground water or power lines, while a roofer might risk falling from a roof or ladder. Those are different kinds of risk, so you could expect their insurance rates to differ.

Other influences on your rate include your coverage needs, employees, work vehicles and claims history. The only way to know your exact rate is to get a customized quote. Just call us or quote online.

Basic construction coverage

  • General Liability: This common construction liability coverage protects your business if it’s responsible for events like property damage, bodily injury or defective work.

  • Commercial Auto: Protects vehicles used in your business including those that transport your tools and equipment. Adding physical damage coverage to your policy gives you the choice to cover permanently attached equipment such as bolted tool boxes or ladder racks.

Other coverages you might need

  • Business Owners Policy (BOP): A package policy that combines General Liability with coverage for your commercial buildings and personal property.

  • Workers’ Compensation: Covers employee medical costs and a portion of lost wages if they become ill or injured while at work.

Find what you need in one place

Reduce the hassle of dealing with multiple companies and contacts to buy and maintain your construction insurance. Just call us!

Data Source

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page